Thursday, June 25, 2009

My new calico hat for night time wear

Last night was a first for Ellie. She has never done this before but.....she slept on my head last night. On the pillow, with her feet around my head all night. Maybe she wanted the heathens to know, "Mom is mine". She has definitely decided that sleeping close to me is a good thing.

I'm worried about Bob. He hasn't been eating, I've gotten out all kinds of food, even went so far as to open a can of tuna. He was having none of it. I'm going to call the vet in the morning, get an appointment and go in tomorrow after work (which I am leaving early due to some overtime that I had last week that I can take off as time off....so I will). I'm hoping that Dr Morgan can help him out, it isn't time for him to go to the bridge yet. I've only had him 6 years this October 1. Yes, he is 17 years old but he didn't come to live with me till 2003 when my parents couldn't keep him anymore. I made him promise me at least 5 years, so I've had those but I am not ready yet. So hopefully Dr Morgan can give him some fluids, a shot, maybe the dreaded enema (yew) and something to get his appetite going again. I'm just not ready.....

1 comment:

  1. I think I invited Bob to join Olde Furts once but I don't remember if he joined. There are threads on all kinds of old age related cat issues there. And there is a "how are you feeling today" thread that is usually posted in daily. Some of our members are vet techs and very very knowledgeable and helpful in posting responses to kitties who post with health issues.

    (((hugs))) to Bob and Ellie. And scritches to the heathens!

    ReplyDelete