Friday, July 10, 2009

Ellie and the Heathens (plus Wraggs)

It has been an interesting week. A bit quiet without Bob but the house is so busy it isn't so sad.

Ellie - I do think she has definitely decided this is HER house and the heathens will have to bow down to her. I'm still making sure she sees them as often as I can. I put them on the bed with her making sure everyone is nice and control. She hisses a little but does not run and hide. I see that as a good thing. Last night was something major in my mind at least. I had the kittens out in the front room and didn't put Ellie back in my bedroom (gave her the option of going there though). So there are the kittens, playing and Ellie was interested so she went into the front room and watched. Hermie saw her and went to investigate....Ellie decided that was enough for her so she started waddling to my bedroom, Hermie followed, Ellie ran, so did Hermie. Well, she turned on him and gave him a few swats to let him know to back off. He hid under a piece of furniture, I had to get him out and make sure he was ok. He was. Just shocked at the swatting. Of course Ellie ran to the bedroom and at that moment Louie got into the act and ran in there. I saved him the trouble of the swatting.

Wraggs is quite confused cause they heathens keep bothering her tail when she wags it. She has such a perplexed look on her face when they are playing with it. Someday I will get a picture of that.

And last night. Sigh. I lost the J key on my laptop because someone (Hermie) jumped from my couch to the coffee table on top of my keyboard and pulled the J key off. I spent almost 30 minutes getting it back on. Needless to say, they spent time in time out in my bathroom for their 'crime'. It could have been worse I guess, they could have peed on my keyboard. No, please, do not give them any ideas! They are good about coming up with mischief on their own.

That has been what has been going on around here. I miss Bob but Hermie, Louie, Ellie and Wraggs are keeping me focused.

1 comment:

  1. LOL....heathens is a fitting title for most kittens that age. They sure keep you busy.
    I love the way you describe life with the furkids. It makes for a very good visual...especially Wraggs looking perplexed.

    Ellie seems to be doing fine to me. At least she is not hiding and is curious enough to explore and see what the heathens are up to.

    ReplyDelete