Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Heathens, you gotta love 'em

I will say, having kittens in the house does make me more active: NO LOUIE GET DOWN FROM THERE, HERMIE DO NOT CATAPULT OFF OF MY CHEST, IT HURTS. Ah yes, they are a handful and I love them to pieces. Now how does Ellie feel? Well, last night I was in the living room, playing on the computer (go figure) and the heathens were out with me while Ellie was in the safe room (my bedroom). Louie was very interested in my bedroom door and I kept hearing what sounded like pounding. I went over, opened the door and there was Ellie....and Louie was on the other side of the door putting his toes under the door to see her and maybe, just maybe, Ellie was playing. She wasn't attacking that is for sure. She is curious. I really do not think she has a mean bone in her body, if she did she would have hurt Bob but she didn't. Now with the kittens she is curious and does come out a bit more often than before. I also got her to play just a little last night with the feather toy. Not chasing it but rolling over and over to get it.

My neighbors came home over the weekend so my stint of pet sitting the French kissing cat, Tiger, is over with. I found out that Tiger got out Sunday night and didn't come in till Monday morning. He was pretty banged up. Scratches over both eyes, his mouth had a bit of a scratch and some blood, he was sore. He is declawed in the front but did a valiant effort at defending himself. I didn't see any other marks on him. I haven't heard that he is bad off still, told Toni to call me if he still had problems by Wednesday (today). He was so good for me, didn't try to get out or anything but when Mom and Dad come home after a long time away, he gets rambunctious. I do hope he stays inside. I hate the idea of the big guy being outside. It would be like Ellie going out (which she won't, outside is scary), she would be helpless even though she has her claws, she would be scared and at the mercy of some mean animal or human. Nope, she is safe in my house forever and she knows it.

I'm ready for the weekend. I have so much to do. I have to get to the recycle place to get rid of my 25 year old non-working TV, take some other things that do not go in the trash up there. I am going to get stuff out of my guest room and put things in the closet out of heathen way as they are going to be going in there either this coming week or the week after. I have to take down the curtains cause I don't feel like having them ripped to pieces. I'll put the blinds up to the top and tie the cords up too (kittens/cats can strangle on those things). I don't have breakables in there but there are some things under the bed that I don't want them to get into (like my Dad's Marine uniforms, hats, some computer books). Just lots of things to do in there. I want Hermie and Louie moved in there so I can get a full nights sleep and they can have more room to play during the day while I am at work. I think they will have fun. They are also going to graduate to the big boy litter box (they have been using Ellie's when they are in my office with me, I am sure that thrills her). They don't eat the litter like some kittens so that won't be a problem. yeah, they need to go to the guest room soon, I want to sleep more than I am. The 4 am wake up call that moved to 3 and is now at 2 am is really killing me. I WANT TO SLEEP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment