Saturday, July 18, 2009

Movin' on Up

Today I spent time getting all the stuff out of my guest room, it was cluttered. I wanted breakables moved out of the way of the heathens. There really wasn't that much in there it was just messy. It is all straightened out now so they have a whole big room to play in. Do they want to? Nope. I will get them used to it in time. I let them play in the whole house for a bit and then put them in the bedroom for nap time. They have the big kitty litter box now too! Did they use it? Of course not. They went into my office where Ellie's litter box is and used hers. So I took the gift out of that box and put it in theirs. I am sure they will get the idea. They much preferred using the little box that is in the crate. And tonight bedtime isn't in the guest room but is back in the cloth crate I have sitting in my bedroom. They feel safe in there. The transition will take time.

I've been a little blue lately. It is amazing how our 4 legged friends pick up on those feelings. Ellie sure did. She made sure she was in my arms at night to make me feel better. I cannot imagine life without her. I thank my lucky stars every day that she and I found each other. I'm sure she must thank those same stars.

Found out Ellie has great eyesight. I took Wraggs out to go potty and stayed out on the patio while she was doing her business. Ellie joined me and then rushed over to the screen, she saw a tiny, and I mean tiny, lizard and was going to catch it dammit. And I wouldn't let her. The lizard was a baby, not very big and she saw it. I do think she was a bit upset with me but oh well. There will be other lizards.

Wraggs is as always, a wonderful dog. Except for the fact that she ate cat poop yesterday she is wonderful. Yes, it was my fault. I know better and she was very happy to help me out with my cleaning. Other than that she is a great companion. She was very excited to get a walk this afternoon even though it was really hot and humid. I'm going to get up early tomorrow and take her for a decent walk. We both need it.

And tomorrow I am planning on working out. I've been very bad about it recently and it isn't helping my health at all, physical and emotional. I'm going to be good about this exercise thing. I don't care about pounds so much but I care about my health. I'm not obese but I could stand to lose 15-20 pounds. So, I am back on the elliptical or treadmill, depending on my mood. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things and get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment