Tuesday, September 29, 2009

7 days and counting till the 'deball'


As you can see from the picture, it is time for the boys to go to the vet to get neutered. So on October 7th, they will be up at the Vet's getting their testicles removed. I think Ellie will be pleased. I KNOW she will be pleased. Plus, it is time, they are big enough now (both the boys and their balls) to have the surgery. When I made the appointment the woman at the desk asked if I wanted the declawed too. Crap, no....I will not declaw ever again. Misty was declawed but that was back in 1983 when I was stupid and to tell the truth, he was MEAN before the declaw so I really saved a whole lot of skin, mine in particular, by having that ghastly stuff done. Bob was also declawed, I am not sure why Mom and Dad did that, probably because they asked when they set up the neuter appointment 'do you want to get him declawed' and they said yes. Never, ever again....I try to talk people out of the damned surgery, tell them what it does yet they still go for it. And for those who do not know what it is: take a look at your hands, now remove your fingers from right behind the first knuckle....you've been declawed. Yeah, nice huh.

I've started letting the boys be around Ellie a bit more. For the most part they are doing well. I really only have to get after Louie for being aggressive. I make sure that Ellie knows that she is the queen and they are the heathens and that no one is allowed to be mean and hurt anyone, even she is not allowed to hurt. Hopefully I am approaching this the correct way. She will watch them play and isn't worried about going into the other room with them, I'm the one that worries. I followed her out there tonight to make sure all was safe and carried the squirt bottle. Louie does not like the squirt bottle.

Fall is here. Not that I can tell too much, this is Florida after all. It was nice and cool when I took Wraggs for her morning walk at 5:40am (yes, really). And I can tell that the earth has tilted a bit away from the sun, at least the northern hemishere has...for some reason I really like this time of year. Not sure why, I just do. Spring is nice but then that is short and Summer is here and it is hot. Maybe I like Fall because it is the start of the cooler season. Anyway, I am enjoying the weather. Plus, it can get me out to walk outside more...and I need to do that bad. I've gained weight and am not pleased. So instead of 15 pounds to lose it is closer to 20 pounds. I am back on my elliptical or treadmill and being diligent about watching what I eat. I really hate that I gained weight. grrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment