Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting a jump on the new year


I have a whole week off from work!!! So I don't get paid for that week off but I need some time to recharge. I need it. I handed the beeper off to someone from work this morning, we met in a parking lot and I was quite happy to see the little freaking thing leave (the beeper not my friend from work, she is nice).


Many things to do this week. I am updating my resume and posting it out on Monster again. I just looked at it, looks pretty darned nice right now, even has my current job responsibilities in it. So not much to do there. I want to work on my backup plan too, my pet sitting website. That is the plan. I have to sit and figure out what I want, how to put it on there and once I have it to my liking on my PC I will have to purchase some space on a server and a web name to advertise and get ready with that. It is scary out there. I need to take care of me. I am sure my current job will disappear this year, they are purchasing a new point of sale system and I am not involved with it. I'm on the maintenance team, the team that keeps the stores running now with the old stuff. I really do have to prepare for my next job. I cannot be without a job.


I have been trying to eat better. I actually threw out chocolate yesterday. And I cleaned my freezer out of all the bad crap. I won't deny there is still chocolate in my house but the good stuff. 20 pounds to lose. I know what I am supposed to look like and this isn't it. I'm not huge but I need to be fit, it will help my blood pressure and my overall health. So, eating right and exercising. Not like I did 6 years ago when Wraggs and I would go for 2 mile walk in the morning, then another 1.5 miles in the afternoon, I'd do the elliptical for 45 minutes and then attempt to take Wraggs for another walk at night (she pretty much refused). I was FIT. I will get there again. Wraggs of course can't do that long of walks anymore. She is an old lady of 12. I got her to do almost a mile this morning but it was a SLOW walk. My doctor tells me 'get a dog, they will make you walk' and I say I have one but she is old and can't walk fast (unless there is another dog in front of her, then she walks fast) and she can't walk far. Anyway, gotta do this for my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment