Saturday, May 29, 2010

Swimsuit hell

I am pet sitting my neighbors cat, Tiger, for 3 weeks and they said 'use the pool' so I will. I decided it might be a good idea to see how my swimsuit fits. I forgot, I have 2 of them. One fits fine, the other, well, the top is fine if I feel like letting the girls out. So I had to go and get a new top half tankini. Kohl's was the place to go, I had a discount and the swimsuit separates were $16.00. Now I am sure you wondering 'what the hell is she talking about and why do we give a frak about her shopping'? I'm getting there.

I am in Kohl's wandering thru the meager selection of suits, picking stuff out when I see a Dad and his teenager daughters shopping for swimsuits. Dad looks at one of the suits and said 'THIS is a swimsuit?'. mmm, yeah, Dad, it is. Then he asks 'how can you try on a swimsuit?'. Poor daughters, I looked at him and told him they try them on over their underwear (men are so clueless at times). I grabbed 2 tops to try on and skedaddled over to the dressing room.

Crap, had to get a different size cause the girls were going to put on a show if I didn't.

I was back at the swimsuit area looking again. I hear Dad tell daughters 'it is just a swimsuit'. Another woman and I both told him: it is more than that and it takes a lot for a woman to find the right suit. He tells his daughters: I just pick one out and buy it, it is just a swimsuit. I asked the girls if their Dad has embarrassed them yet....and let them know, he will, he will. Dad was trying and that was awesome. When I went to pay I was still laughing, told the cashier about the Dad shopping with his daughters. She saw them earlier and said 'yup, Dad had a shell shocked look to him'.

Made me remember shopping with my parents. I was always cautious about buying things, having them spend money on me. Mom would make me try on things, Dad would say 'get all of them'. Not sure Mom wanted me to have everything but Dad was well, Dad. I was his baby girl (youngest child).

Now I can go swimming in the neighbors pool while their cat gets some patio time! And I won't be embarrassed too much.

Wraggs is doing so so. She totally refused to eat the healthy dog food yesterday and she refused the pedigree dog food. Acted like it was all poison. Today I went to the health food store and got food that I was hoping she would like. It is the dog version of the cat food I used to get Bob when he was off his feed. I gave her half a can, she was good with it. Of course I came home from checking on Tiger to find dog puke on the floor. Thank goodness for floor cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment