Thursday, June 24, 2010

And Life Goes On


My sister had to have her cat put to sleep the other day. She is heartbroken and I so understand the feeling. It hurts to lose the little ones that we adore and who adore us. A.C. was a good kitty, my sister was his third home. She went to the RSPCA to find a cat a few years ago, she had one all picked out but called them back and told them she changed her mind. They feared she didn't want any cat but nope, not my sister. She told them she wanted a cat that didn't have much of a chance to find a home. A.C. came with baggage. His former owners didn't take care of the mite issue he had in his ears and he scratched his ear flaps off. He also continued to have ear issues which required medication daily. But he found my sister who loved his little earlessness. I'm glad A.C. rescued my sister. Isn't that how it is? We aren't quite whole without a cat or a dog or any pet in our life. At least that is how it is for me.


I asked my sister last night, if she was going to let another cat rescue her. She said she had already stopped at the vet and asked them to be on the look out for a cat who doesn't have much chance of finding a home. My big sister has a huge heart.


Rest in peace A.C. (and I like the new ears you are sporting)


Aunt Andi

1 comment:

  1. Awww what a beautiful picture! Your sister does have a huge heart. Bless her soul. I hope she finds the fur child who needs her soon.

    ReplyDelete