Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wraggs


My sweet dog Wraggs is not doing well. She isn't eating much at all, I try and tempt her and she isn't up for it. I woke up at 5:15 to the sound of hurling so I ran her outside. She threw up a little bit on my bedroom floor but that isn't a big deal. When I went for my walk she came out and threw up next to the patio door (she knew she wanted out there). sigh. Not fun for anyone is it. This morning I force fed her about 2 tablespoons of dog food which again, not fun to force a dogs jaw open so you can put food in her mouth.


I am not sure how much longer I can allow this to go on. I don't think it is right but I am not ready yet. I've talked to Wraggs about the situation and have told her that if it is time for her, she can go, I will understand.


She isn't totally unhappy. She comes out to watch the heathens play and she also went for a short walkie this morning and she enjoys going out in the back yard with me. Her tail wags and she smiles so it isn't all sad news.


Like my vet has told me before, our pets let us know when it is time. Wraggs is starting to tell me, it is time. But not quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment